Sketch All Day

Once a year at this time
My friend 'S' and I go to the island
and sketch all day long.


 Oddly enough here I am in the wilds
looking across and drawing the city.

It all looks different from here.

 
 
During lunch at the café we do our chit & chat

 

Then back into the wilds

 

in silence

we draw again.

This time we sketch by the lagoon.


 I focus on the trees and bushes there; 
'S' focuses on water in the lagoon.

For a while it all looks the same
I cannot tell one shape from another.

I've been among the buildings too long.


My eyes are dropping from staring so much.
What am I looking for?

Shape.


 Enough! Enough! I've had enough!
I have to come back and start all over again.


We both agree to return in September.
May we start with a drink first.

... to be continued.

IS