Bumping into Food on My Rounds

 

Unexpected trip this week with Pat again
but this time in his black pick-up truck
delivering cut out stars to Exile in Kensington Market.

Waiting in  his car I get a whiff of BBQ chicken. 
Across the street I see the sign, 'Rasta Pasta'. 
I love the name. 
One could almost write a song. 

  

I can't resist and get us lunch there. Inside is cozy and welcoming. 
I am served by a friendly woman dishing out steamed vegetables and 
fried plantain topped off with delicious BBQ chicken from the grill 
cooked by her son I think. 
Yum.

In the evening I'm with a friend returning home 
after not being able to locate an art opening. 
So frustrating! BUT, 
Surprise!  
My reward! 
I find on King Street the 'Dairy-Belle' ice cream truck instead. 

  

I am impressed by his outfit, a hat and bow tie and the perfect shirt.  

  

Serving his soft ice cream he tells me once upon a time 
he was a warehouse guy. Now he is working out his real passion.

I am an ice cream junky. 
I shall be back and look for his perfect hot fudge Sunday. 
One is never enough.

IS