RAINED OUT

 


I just missed the falling ceiling
in my studio
on the island
pushed out by days of rain.

It started with a tiny leak
on the far side.

Now beyond repair
I quickly grab what I can,
a few of my wood blocks, 
Japanese paper wrapped up
fear of more rain coming
All this can disolve!
 
I must get off the island
as fast as I can!

Thunder, 
lightning,
more heavy pouring rain
I close my eyes.
I know it is the end
of that island studio.


Tiny Child image is put into my pocket
The rest of my things I shove into the only dry spot,
my still standing closet
to deal with later

I ride home on my bicycle
totally soaked
and wonder how that Child image 
is doing in my pocket

Dry
not like me.

 

At home I quickly set up my kitchen table
as my alternative workspace
for now

 

strung lines, brushes,

 

some kind of temporary order



For now this will have to do.

IS