Escape to Jackson's Falls Country Inn

Escape to Jackson's Falls Country Inn
(Prince Edward County)


I'm about to leave and discover a squirrel hiding in the bookshelf.



I try to poke it out with a stick dipped in Nutella. 
Not working. It's going nowhere.

Can't deal with it right now. 
Must go to the Falls and escape with Gary 
to paint with his group.



Jackson's Falls is right next to the inn but feels so far away.
Getting to the falls walking in the river through a tunnel








 

... at the end a 70 foot drop! Woops!


Our group madly painting away all day in between 
delicious meals made by Lee, presented by Paul. 


Not to mention the amazing landscape surrounding us 
and the cozy big rooms.

We're all feeling right at home. It is so welcoming.

I am trying to paint my way out of dark into light. 
So difficult. Tend to go moody.


SURPRISE. A friend, Doug of Montana, sails from New York 
in a very skinny boat with his dog Byrd. 
We let him crash in our room where he can unwrinkle. 
(Last time we saw him was when I was frying his 
eggs for breakfast in Newfoundland.)

 

Gary can't resist but draw him. 
Captures his goodness and easy going ways. 

 

After 4 days we head back. 
I did 15 sketchy paintings 
but end up with 5 light ones.

Squirrel gone. Phew! Relief. 
I have no idea where he went to.


Looking forward to going back next year.

IS