Anjou & Bartlett



Anjou & Bartlett



No, they are not brothers, sounds like they could be. Simply pears that I keep trying to tell apart.  It is the second time I eat the labels AGAIN, cannot seem to remember which is which no matter how
much I may try. Does it really matter that I cannot tell them apart?  I find them both ripe and delicious and give up on the 3rd attempt. No more labels to eat no matter how much I may be tempted to do that all over again.



Pears to POACH

Peel. Slice ever so beautifully, like thin slivers, add to water with honey, a twitch of lemon zest, swift boil and best of all large cinnamon sticks found at the Kabul store in my hood. 

Judge not the cover of the book really applies to this place. Inside the store all is in order. Great food finds.  Thanks to Elsabet who takes me there under her arm to shop…Saying "Never mind the outside just ignore that part ~ so much better inside".

Yes, it was a total surprise ... and found it right here in Toronto. 



                                               i.s.